Scholarships are often granted to needy students or to those who show their extraordinary talent in studies. Different scholarship programs are offered by different institutions almost every year, therefore, with little efforts, you can find suitable scholarship programs for you. Apart from your educational credentials and skills, you also need to write an effective application letter for scholarship.
This letter should be effective and error free because the decision of the scholarship committee largely depends on the quality of your scholarship application letter. You have to write a winning scholarship application letter, and for this purpose, there is a need for you to follow some rules. Today I will discuss some effective tips to write a scholarship app letter. You must consider them before writing your scholarship letter:
- Before writing the application letter, collect information about the scholarship program and carefully read the instructions as well as eligibility criteria. If you find yourself perfect for the scholarship, then do not hesitate to apply.
- At the start of the letter, provide the reader with a complete personal introduction such as name, address, institution and date. The first paragraph of the letter should consist of reference for scholarship ad and your intention of writing this letter.
- Use clear, concise and simple language to explain why you are the most deserving candidate for this scholarship. Write your accomplishments and awards to convince the decision
- Clearly states how this scholarship could be beneficial to your career growth. End this letter with a positive hope to the reader and sign it.
- Proofread the scholarship application letter twice before sending it because your single error can diminish your chances of success.
For further assistance, feel free to consider the sample scholarship application letter to apply for the scholarship.
Sample Letter Scholarship Application
P. O. Box 4568
15th January 2012
The Educators University
P. O. Box 45462
With reference to the advertisement in the Dawn Newspaper of January 15th, 2019, I am applying for the scholarship at The Educators University. I am interested in pursuing the Business Management program being offered at the institution as well as studying and staying in the United States.
I graduated from the University of Bachelors and obtained excellent scores in Business Studies. I was waiting for the admission into masters of business management when I came across the advertisement, and I felt that I found my destination. It is more advantageous for me to continue my studies in the United States because of the high quality of education in the country. Please find enclosed my previous result details.
These are other information about me. I am a hardworking student, and my past study records are evidence of this. I also work well with others and a good team leader. I have effective communication skills and very cooperative toward my other housemates. You can ask from my previous institution that my willingness to work with other often proved fruitful.
There are a few things that I would like to find out. To what extent do you provide financial assistance in studies? Do you also provide travel costs? Actually, these details are missing in the ad. Therefore, I will really appreciate if you could provide me with this information.